Because of the pregnancy, my family decided to drive up to spend Christmas with us in Louisville. My dad, mom, brother, and grandma drove up from St. Augustine, Florida on December 22 and arrived early afternoon of December 23. I was so excited to see them. The last time I saw my dad was in October, my mom and grandma was in September, and my brother was in June. It felt like Christmas with them around.
After I got off of work on the 24th, all of us (minus my dad) went to Babies 'R Us and picked out the baby's crib and dresser! My mom had told me that my grandma was going to buy us the crib; however, she did not mention anything about getting the dresser. We were surprised and thankful for such wonderful gifts for our baby. We love the set and I can't wait to see them in use! Here are pictures of the crib and dresser:

Image courtesy of Babies 'R Us

Image courtesy of Babies 'R Us
On Christmas Eve, we went to Ninth and O's Christmas Eve service. We love our church family, and I was so excited for my family to be a part of something that means so much to me and Chris. Dr. Cook preached a wonderful message on the life that this Baby brings to those in captivity. I came away thankful again for the person and work of Christ, as well as for the faithful preaching that we get to hear each week from our pastor. After service, we went out to eat at O'Charleys and had a great time.
On Christmas morning, I woke up early to fix a breakfast casserole for my family. They came to the house around 8:30. We opened up presents around 9:00 and then ate that yummy casserole (if I do say so myself!). I was so thankful for the gifts that I received, some of them being maternity shirts, gift cards, and Bobby Bowden's book. Yes, I am a girl that loves football, specifically Florida State football, and I love Bobby Bowden! We had lunch around 12:30 and ate a lot of delicious food! I think Chris and I will be having ham coming out of our ears! That afternoon, we went to the movie theater. The ladies went to see "The King's Speech" while the men saw "Tron: Legacy". I LOVED "The King's Speech" and so did my mom. We can't wait to buy it when it comes out on DVD.
On the morning of the 26th, we went back to Ninth and O for church. While Chris went to work, the rest of my family and I had lunch at California Pizza Kitchen (yum!). After lunch was over, the boys went back to the apartment to watch football while the ladies went shopping!! I was SO excited! I had been waiting for this moment for a while, holding out to get maternity clothes until my mom was here. I found a lot of good things and I am so happy to have clothes that fit again! I told Chris that I feel cute again. :)
This morning, my family left bright and early to head back to Florida. I had such a great time with them. While I am completely content with where I am at, it is great seeing my family that I miss. I am blessed to have a husband that enjoys spending time with my family, as well. Here are a couple of pictures of Christmas time:

This is what our living room looks like decorated for Christmas.

This was taken after Ninth and O's Christmas Eve Service. Although I am not crazy about how I look in this picture, I love my family :)
I hope that your Christmas was a wonderful time of celebration. Christ is our Immanuel! I pray that we would be mindful of that in the coming year. Blessings!

Congrats on your new baby crib and dresser! They are beautiful! I know this is an exciting time in your lives and I can't wait to see how your little room will be transformed into a beautiful nursery!
ReplyDelete