Anniversary
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, December 27, 2010

17 Week Update



Picture courtesy of thebump.com

I haven't been updating this blog as much as I would have liked. Even though I am pregnant, I see my life as being pretty boring and normal. I praise God that there has not been anything unusual in my pregnancy to make it more interesting than I want it to be. Because of this, I have missed the 16 week mark and update on the doctor's visit. So here it is a week later :)

We went in for the 16 week appointment last Monday. Because the practice that I go to is very popular in the city, we did have to wait a while at this appointment. The doctor that I was seeing had a few patients she had to see earlier than expected. This became very frustrating because I knew that all we would be doing is hearing the heartbeat and checking me to see if everything was ok. Needless to say, I was very happy when we finally saw her.

After the doctor asked me how I was doing and if everything was going well, she then checked for the heartbeat. At our 12 week appointment, it took her a while to find the heartbeat. Our little one was comfortable towards the side of my stomach at that time. I was hoping to hear it sooner this time around, but kept in mind our previous appointment. Almost as soon as she put the monitor on me, the little heartbeat was heard. I was so excited! It was in the 140s this week, down from the 150s the previous appointment. I was so glad to know that everything was ok.

Our "big" appointment will be on January 19. I CANNOT WAIT to find out what this little one is and to see how it is growing. I am also excited because I am seeing my regular doctor at this appointment. At 8 weeks she predicted that it is a girl, so we will see if she is right! I am still leaning towards boy, though not as strongly as I did before. Chris still has no idea how to lean. He just can't wait to call the baby by it's name. We already have both a boy and girl name picked. I am ready to refer to the baby as a boy or a girl. I also can't wait to go shopping! My mother is also ready to know. Grandma can't wait to spoil her grandchild :)

As you can see by the picture, our baby is around the length of an onion. I am continually amazed at how fast our little one is growing and how it is developing. I am waiting to feel the baby move and kick, although I think I may have felt it kick last week. After we went to our appointment, I was sitting down on the couch. I felt a slight bubbly feeling that only last a couple of seconds. From what I have heard and read, that is what women feel early on when their baby kicks. I will know for certain through out the next few weeks if that was really it kicking or not. I also can't wait till Chris feels it kick!

I do hope to be more regular on my pregnancy updates. Keep praying for us and Baby Garner!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear and you and Baby Garner are doing well! Can't wait to hear what you are having!

    ReplyDelete

Followers