Kelly, Chris's mom, came to Louisville last night so she could be at the appointment. Our ultrasound was at 9:30 and our appointment was at 9:45. We arrived at the office a little early, so we got the ultrasound done early. My heart was fluttering. I was so ready to see our baby! I made sure to drink some caffeine on the way to the office to try to let the baby move, for it sure has made it move before! Well, the caffeine worked wonders! Baby was moving around like crazy! The technician told us what we were seeing, pointing out the head, heart, and stomach. Then she proceeded to say, "And you are having a boy." She said it so casually. And we were all so excited!! We were so giddy! We were having a boy!!
After the ultrasound, we met my doctor. She told us that we have a "beautiful" baby and that everything is growing well. Of course, I was relieved about this. Pregnancy is such an unknown without seeing pictures. I was so glad that my boy is doing well. She was thrilled for us and we loved her enthusiasm.
After the appointment, Chris went to work while Kelly and I went to Babies R Us to go shopping!! I loved looking at baby clothes and KNOWING what I was looking for. Benjamin has some cute clothes already, and Grandma Smith is making sure that he will be a little Volunteer...despite the horrible fact that my family are Gators :)
While we aren't big on specific meanings of names, we do want our children to have good names, masculine for a boy and feminine for a girl. His middle name, David, is specifically after Chris's dad. Even though Chris's first name is David, we always intended on carrying on that name in honor of our son's grandfather. We wanted to make sure that our son's first name was very much "boy", and we think that Benjamin is very much a boy name. Kelly originally wanted Chris's name to be Benjamin, but a close friend of hers had one of her own. So Nana gets her Ben!
We are so excited to raise this little boy. Ben has a wonderful family and we know that he will be so loved by everyone. I wish so many things for Ben and his future. The thing that I long for Him the most is that he will love Jesus and serve Him. We are taking this task very seriously, seeking to lead Ben towards Jesus, showing him that he can never be good enough. We want him to love God's word, treasuring it in his heart. We ask that others join us in this prayer.
To end, I am leaving pictures of our little man. I cannot wait to update again!







No comments:
Post a Comment