
So we have made the big 12 week mark!! We are so blessed that we have reached this mark without any scares or complications. I am very much looking forward to the end of the first trimester sickness. The past week, I have had a hard time at nights having terrible nausea. Milk is my friend during this time, as well as Tums on occasion. One night this week I got sick twice. I am trying to see the light at the end of the tunnel, knowing that this is just a season. I just wish that the light would shine brightly at this very moment :)
About a week and a half ago, my sister-in-law found out that she is having her third daughter!! I was so excited to hear this news. She has two precious girls now, and I can't wait till this little one joins the cuteness! Because of this, I am thinking more and more that we will be having a boy. While it would be super cute if Nana and Poppy (Chris's parents) had four granddaughters, I cannot get a boy out of my head. I will be shocked if the technician tells us that she sees a girl.
We had our 12 week appointment yesterday. At our last appointment, we were scheduled to have an ultrasound. We get in the ultrasound room and the technician is starting to get ready. She asked us if this was our first ultrasound and I said that we had one last time. She looked confused, went out of the room, then came back to tell us that we didn't need one this week. She was afraid that if we got one, our insurance company would not back it up. We understood and then went to see the doctor. I was kind of disappointed. I was so excited to see another picture of my baby, but keeping our money is a good thing. I also felt bad because Chris's mom was with us and she wouldn't see her grandbaby.
So we went to see the doctor soon after. My doctor was out of town this week, so I had scheduled a different doctor. I was hoping that she would be nice, and I am so happy that she was. I felt very comfortable with her. She then went to find our baby's heartbeat. She had put the device on me and started to locate the heartbeat. It took a while to find it, and I was kind of getting nervous. Then I heard it and smiled. Our baby was fine! I looked over at Chris and he smiled. After she heard the heartbeat, there was a static noise. She said that what we heard was the baby kicking. How cool is that!! It's already moving around!
So as you can see from the picture, our baby is the length of a plum, which blows my mind! It has been growing so fast! I am starting to show a little bit, but not enough for me to post a picture. Maybe within the next couple of weeks I will put a picture up of what I look like. I cannot wait to start registering for fun baby things. Even more, I CANNOT WAIT to find out what this baby is. Mommy is getting impatient!!
I hope that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family and friends, always giving thanks for what our Father has done for us in the work of his Son. Blessings!

So glad you and baby Garner are doing well!
ReplyDelete