Anniversary
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, April 5, 2010

My First Post!

Right before I got married, I wanted to start a blog sharing with my friends and family what was going on in my life as a newly married college student. I also wanted this to be a way to connect to other friends of mine who also blog. It's been almost 4 months since the wedding, so better late than never!

Marriage is truly a wonderful blessing. I have learned so much in the short time that I have been a wife. One of the things that I have learned is that marriage is a huge part of my sanctification. There are some sins that I wasn't aware of before I got married; however, marriage brings them all out! It is quite an adjustment learning to live with someone and learning how to be the best partner in life for them. God is so good to have brought me to Chris. He and are are so different, and that is wonderful! Opposites really do attract :)

I am finishing up my last semester at Boyce College, receiving my Associate's Degree in Biblical and Theological Studies. I cannot wait to get this semester done!! I am looking forward to not having to do homework or write book reviews and research papers any more!! Next semester, I am going to be reading books that I want to read, and do so at my own, leisurely pace. I can now focus on how I can help Chris as he continues to pursue his Bachelor's Degree, and maybe even MDiv.

Chris and I are still at Ninth and O and we love being there! We are now members of Dr. Wellum's Young Couples class. For those of you who don't know, Dr. Wellum is a professor at both Boyce and Southern. We both had him for Theology 1, and being in that BFG is just like being in the classroom. We also love our small group that we are a part of, and are enjoying getting to know the other couples. In addition, we both are doing nursery and I am a member of the worship choir.

Though we are not parents yet, Chris and I are enjoying spending whatever time we can doting on our sweet nieces, Gabbi and Catie. They bring so much joy to our lives. They are so different. Gabbi is so vibrant and energetic, while Catie just enjoys hanging out and being loved. I can't wait to see them grow up together and what the Lord will do in their lives. We went to Powell this past weekend, and here is a picture of Uncle Bub, Aunt Lauren, and the girls.



I hope to keep up with this blog on a regular basis. I pray that this day you will see the grace of God in your life.

3 comments:

  1. Hey girl! So excited about you having a blog now!! Yay!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a writer, just like her mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blogging world! We are glad to have you! I look forward to reading your blog! Keep it up! Ethan and I are also looking forward to seeing yall next week!

    ReplyDelete

Followers