Anniversary
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, April 16, 2010

Free Books from T4G!

So if you need to know anything about a Boyce or Southern student, it is probably this: we love free books!! Together for the Gospel serves to a seminary student's benefit in that regard. This past week, Chris had the opportunity to go to T4G. In addition, he went to Band of Bloggers, an event before T4G where bloggers come together. He and some of his friends have a blog, so check it out (http://evangelicalmavericks.com/).

So I thought it would be fun to show all of the books that Chris received while at the two events. Here is a picture of all of the books.



On the left side are the books from Band of Bloggers. Here they are from top to bottom:

A Habitual Sight of Him: The Christ-Centered Piety of Thomas Goodwin - Joel R. Beeke and Mark Jones
A Call to Prayer - J. C. Ryle
Welcome to a Reformed Church: A Guide for Pilgrims - Daniel R. Hyde
Holy Subversion: Allegiance to Christ in an Age of Rivals - Trevin Wax
Radical: Taking Back Your Faith from the American Dream - David Platt
Your Jesus is Too Safe: Outgrowing a Drive-Thru, Feel-Good Savior - Jared C. Wilson
Entrusted with the Gospel: Paul's Theology in the Pastoral Epistles - Andreas J. Kostenberger and Terry L. Wilder
Stray Recollections, Short Articles and Public Orations of James P. Boyce - Thomas J. Nettles
Reaching and Teaching: A Call to Great Commission Obedience - M. David Sills
The Good News We Almost Forgot: Rediscovering the Gospel in a 16th Century Catechism - Kevin DeYoung
When the Church was a Family: Recapturing Jesus' Vision for Authentic Christian Community - Joseph H. Hellerman
Abide: Practicing Kingdom Rhythms in a Consumer Culture - Jared C. Wilson

On the right side of the picture are the books that Chris received from T4G. Here they are from top to bottom:

The Holiness of God - R. C. Sproul
Evangelism and the Sovereignty of God - J. I. Packer
Jonathan Edwards on Beauty - Owen Strachan and Doug Sweeney
What is the Gospel? - Greg Gilbert
The Gospel for Muslims: An Encouragement to Share Christ with Confidence - Thabiti Anyabwile
The Plight of Man and the Power of God - Dr. Martyn Lloyd-Jones
Fear Not! Death and the Afterlife from a Christian Perspective - Ligon Duncan with J. Nicholas Reid
The Priority of Preaching - Christopher Ash
Dug Down Deep: Unearthing What I Believe and Why it Matters - Joshua Harris
Marks of the Messenger: Knowing, Living and Speaking the Gospel - J. Mack Stiles
The Jesus You Can't Ignore: What You Must Learn from the Bold Confrontations of Christ - John MacArthur
It Is Well: Expositions on Substitutionary Atonement - Mark Dever and Michael Lawrence
Scandalous: The Cross and Resurrection of Jesus - D. A. Carson
Finally Alive - John Piper
The Unquenchable Flame: Discovering the Heart of the Reformation - Michael Reeves
The Church and the Surprising Offense of God's Love: Reintroducing the Doctrines of Church Membership and Discipline - Jonathan Leeman
He is Not Silent: Preaching in a Postmodern World - R. Albert Mohler, Jr.
The Trellis and the Vine: The Ministry Mind-Shift That Changes Everything - Colin Marshall and Tony Payne
Proclaiming a Cross-Centered Theology - Mark Dever, J. Ligon Duncan III, R. Albert Mohler Jr., C. J. Mahaney
The ESV Study Bible

So if you lost count, that's 32 books....32 FREE books!! While I may not be taking classes after this semester, I will always be learning, especially if I read some of these books. There is just one problem: where are we going to put them all?!?! :)

4 comments:

  1. Where do you start is my question?!? haha I'd be so overwhelmed. And what the heck, you even got a free ESV study bible?? those are expensive! I love mine, enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm at risk of violating the 10th commandment..That's a load of books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's just not fair! No, really I'm proud for him and you to have gotten those books. Can anyone go to T4G? Might have to look into it in case I can go next year. God bless you dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous of the ESV study Bible :-P

    ReplyDelete

Followers