I left off by telling you that Ben had surgery for pyloric stenosis. I am very happy to say that you would not know that he had any eating problems. The boy has a couple of weeks until his 6 month birthday and he is wearing mostly 6-9 month clothing. Also, at his 4 month check-up, he was in the 90% for weight! He is a growing baby boy and we love his sooooo much. He fills our life with so much joy. He laughs and plays and is so content. He is just now sitting up on his own, which brings about mixed emotions to me. At the one hand, I am so happy about how he is growing and learning new things. Still, I want him to be little! Ben is such a gift!
We are now settled down in an apartment on the west side of Knoxville. The location is great because it only takes Chris about 10 minutes to get to work, and it is centrally located to everything, except church. It's very simple and great for us where we are at in life right now. The one thing that I love about this place is that is has a dishwasher! Amazing the things that you get excited about when you grow up :)
Chris and I are pretty busy on a weekly basis. Chris's job requires him to travel, sometimes as north as Bristol to as south as Chattanooga. I am now nannying a little girl named Evie Grace during the week. What originally was a two day a week job had turned into a 4+ day a week job. It has been a blessing at both ends. Evie Grace's dad now works full time, which has been a huge answer to prayer. In addition, this has been a huge blessing with us getting extra income while I am able to be at home with Ben. Did I mention that she is a week older than Ben?!?! Needless to say, I have pretty busy days. Time management is something that I am learning more and more during this season.
We have loved being at FBC Powell. This church has been such a blessing to us. This church was instrumental in Chris coming to know the Lord and discipling him. We are so happy to serve at such a place. Chris is serving with his parents in Turning Point, the addiction ministry at FBC Powell. He also has the chance of possible teaching a Sunday School class starting early next year. I am about to serve in the choir. We are now part of a wonderful Sunday School class. Bob and Karen's heart for the Lord and passion for His Word is so evident in the way they teach. Chris has picked up friendships within the class, and I am hoping to continue to develop relationships with the wives.
So what's next in the soon-to-be future? Our church's mission conference is this coming weekend. We are blessed to be part of such a missions-minded church. We are also excited about spending Thanksgiving in St. Augustine with my family. This will be Ben's first time to the Sunshine State! At the beginning of December, we will be back in Louisville attending Andrew Peterson's "Behold, the Lamb of God" concert at Alumni Chapel. We love Andrew Peterson, and we are looking forward to hearing his music, as well as spending time with good friends. We will spend Christmas in Knoxville with the Garners at Dave and Kelly's new house! The house is beautiful and I can't wait to see how she decorates it.
As you can see by the pictures of Ben, we have one handsome little boy. God has truly blessed us more than we ever thought possible with this little man. Hopefully, I will post again sooner rather than later. Blessings!







Lauren! Ben is so cute! I am glad to hear that y'all are doing well and Ethan and I hope to see you on your next visit to Louisville!
ReplyDelete